Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn Color on a Warm Weekend








Fall colors on a warm day in New England -- that's a combination you can't beat!

Many tourists come here to see the display of fall colors, particularly in the mountains and hills of northern New England.

But I found that even here in the urban environs, I can find the beauty of the autumnal arboreal palate.

This weekend was particularly sunny and warm -- almost a little return of summer! Nice days for walking around and taking it all in. These are some images of color in the city near home.













A sunny lane - not in the country, but in the city!






















Color near the hospital:






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea I know this autumn has been pretty warm. My husband and I love the autumn colors and we normally go to Concord, MA, his hometown to view the colors of those foliage. Such lovely pictures you've got. I really do enjoy it.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Fantastic photos, Rachy.

Autumn here in England is colourful but you seem to have a wider range over there. And I'll be its warmer than here too.

:-)